Hi, I'm Maz. I'm the founder of Locally Connected, a web developer, SEO specialist and mum of 2 boys. I have a degree in business, worked as a HR Manager in the hospitality industry and left that world 10 years ago to pursue my dreams of starting my own business. In that time the business has grown from solo freelancer to a small team based on the Gold Coast.
Almost every week a local business owner tells me a story about a terrible experience with a marketing agency. Whether it's not being able to get a return phone call, a simple change made on their website, constant broken promises, feeling like money has disappeared down a black hole with no end result or their web developer locking them out of their own site, I've heard it all.
Turning those experiences around is what drives our business. We're not an agency, we're a small local business. We treat our clients with respect, are realistic about what can be achieved and strive towards doing the best we can to look after those who choose to do business with us.
Supporting local business
After working with ecommerce stores, blog sites, entrepreneurs/start-ups and local business owners, over time we realised our favourite clients and those we got the best outcomes for were local businesses.
We work with businesses like:
- Medical centres, surgeons, skin cancer clinics, eye specialists and holistic doctors
- Criminal lawyers, estate lawyers and family lawyers
- Electricians, plumbers and builders
- Mechanics and car dealerships
- Holiday parks and restaurants
- Financial planners
- Yoga studios
- Surf clubs
- And more!
Our approach is to offer personalised and attentive service and our team takes pride in going the extra mile for our clients. We're constantly looking for ways to add value to what we offer and help make the online world feel less overwhelming and confusing. We tend to work directly with business owners, building long-term partnerships, in fact some of our clients have been with us for 3-6 years.
What we do
Our focus is on working with you to build the one online asset your business truly owns - your website.
Here's some things we can help with when we build you a new website or revamp your existing website:
- Freshen up your logo and brand colours
- Help your customers understand why to choose you over your competitors
- Help you to uncover the features, benefits and outcomes of the services you offer
- Write useful information for your services pages
- Set up and optimise your Google Business Profile to help more customers find you on Google Maps
- Help you get a suspended Google Business profile reinstated
- Write articles for the 'News' section on your website
- Integrate your website with other software such as email marketing, CRM, calendar or online bookings
- Ensure your site has SEO (search engine optimisation) foundations in place
- Create unique and on-brand images and text to add to your Google Business profile (you can use these on your social media profiles too)
- Fix incorrect business listings on local directories
- And more...
Here's some things we typically do when we refresh your existing website or build you a new one:
- Fix pages that are slow to open so you don't lose customers to your competition (because they get frustrated waiting)
- Make sure your website pages look great when your customers look at your website on their mobile phone
- Check all your enquiry forms are working and you are receiving notifications when someone makes an enquiry
- Take a full back-up of your website and fix performance issues that cause things to break on your website, or that create security vulnerabilities for malware
- Check all of the links on your website to see if any are broken or go to an error page, and fix them
- Set up redirects from an old website structure to a new website structure (or an old domain to a new domain)
- And much more...
We offer ongoing website care packages to keep your website secure, backed up, up-to-date and performing optimally.
Additionally we offer SEO, article/blog writing, social media posts and Google Business Profile management to select clients. These services help to skyrocket your visibility on Google which in turn results in more visitors to your website, more enquiries and more customers.